Chef in Abisko - a job under the midnight sun
Svenska Turistföreningen är en av Sveriges största ideella organisationer och har sedan starten 1885 gjort det möjligt för människor att upptäcka Sverige genom att inspirera och möjliggöra små och stora äventyr. Vi värnar om Sveriges natur- och kulturmiljöer så att även kommande generationer kan fortsätta att upptäcka dem. Föreningen har cirka 246 000 medlemmar och ungefär 250 genuina och personliga boenden i Sverige. Har du sett ett har du långt ifrån sett alla. Varje år arrangeras tusentals aktiviteter och kurser på våra boenden och i föreningens ungefär 65 lokalavdelningar. Läs mer om STF och upptäck Sverige på www.svenskaturistforeningen.seWe are hiring chef and kitchen assistant for our kitchen team at STF Abisko Tourist Station. You have the opportunity to combine a proud professional life with Swedish wilderness when it is at its best.
At STF Abisko Tourist Station, food is a big part of the guest's experience. Our guests come to experience the magnificent nature, as much as to feel the "taste" of the mountains. The restaurant serve our guests breakfast and lunch buffet with Swedish taste, in the evening the popular three-course dinner which for many guests will be the highlight of the day. Local ingredients are an important part of our menus.
Your mission is to cook good and tasty food that is also a pleasure for the eye. Your ambition should be to deliver the "topping on the cake" and feel free to exceed the guest's expectations. We are looking for you who can work independently and at the same time see your part in the team.
We are looking for you that:
• Has experience of working as a chef with á la carte. Qualifying with education in the field or equivalent competence.
• Is a person with a high work capacity and likes challenges that require quick solutions.
• Has social skills, is service-oriented, takes responsibility and is punctual.
• Has a great sense of order and can create structure in both your own and the department's work.
• You speak Swdish and/or English
• The employment rate is 100% and includes both weekend and evening work.
• The position is seasonal employment from 10:th of June 2022.
• Staff accommodation near the mountain station with its own room, shower and toilet where you share a kitchen with your seasonal colleagues.
Our summer season runs from 13 June until end of September and we start the season for the northlights mid November and winter season runs until end of April. So the resort is fully open approximately 10 month a year.
Abisko can be reached be train from Stockholm, we have our own train station 3 minutes walk from the resort. You can also fly to Kiruna from Stockholm. Road E10 leads form Kiruna, past Abisko and to Narvik in Norway.
STF Abisko Turiststation is a full-service resort with 390 beds, restaurant, shop with rental, guided tours and the chairlift to Aurora Skystation. The resort is situated in the Abisko national park, at the starting point to hiking track Kungsleden and with a view over lake Torneträsk.
Learn more: https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/facilities/stf-abisko-mountain-station/